Thursday, April 21, 2011

A smile will do

When through the streets of sorrow pass I,
With trickles of tears flowing down my eye,
When the birds with lovely chatters flew by,
And I with woe weary eyes did at a stranger cry,
"Oh! Look at that man whistling by,
When I with all my broken ties,
Am here to search for a way to die,
Oh! Woeful life!"
The Stranger with pity stopped short,
And with a twinkling brightness flashed a sunshine smile,
Which washed all tears and brought all hopes,
And now it was me whistling and walking miles.


When through the woods with a joyful heart roved I,
Bumped into a person with a gloomy eye,
Figured the shadow I cast by,
And at once like the other stranger now I flashed a smile,
"Buddy, said I,
Life's not just cries, riles and wiles,
Its a precious hem of joyful ties
And thus passed on the secret with much ado,
THAT A SMILE WILL DO :)

1 comment:

Gideon Weck said...

I have no idea if you're still active on this, but I would love to use the picture on this for the cover of a story of mine. It's perfect.
Please get back to me. The story is on http://wattpad.com/ and I'd like to know if I can use it or not.
Thank you for your time!