Thursday, February 10, 2011

Mind Trek


A course in hypnosis!!!!!Still wonder what got me into it. Was it the conviction with which a friend described it? Was it the eagerness to  know if I can be hypnotised or did I really want to do some good unto others?! Rubbish the last part, these always come as an after thought! Well I guess I just wanted to do it on an impulse and am glad I did it. One of those occasions when you truly relish being 'out of your mind'!!!!!!!!

To begin with, I was all sold on the science of it. The logic appealed to me. The first time we experimented, I 'thought' I got hypnotised, but could not be sure. The intellectual in me woke up and I started deciphering the detailing and somewhere in the trek I realised that it truly is a heightened state of "awareness" when you drop your guards and realise the depths you can unravel within yourself. Its a beautiful space and the nothingness was truly heavenly. You just drift and drift and cross a lot of patterns, a few dreams, see what you deeply desire and you can tap on all those millions and billions of experiences - this life and the past and the betweens! It irks, it pains, it pleases. When you awake, you feel at peace with yourself and almost like a purgation therapy, the toxins in the mind are all gone. Awareness is truly a panacea for the soul! Wonderful, what controlled sleep can do. It was just the first milestone and there are many more to cross and hopefully the trek would help awaken the romantic in me :)

No comments: